Walk for Warmth
Walk for Warmth raises funds to assist low-income residents with heat-related emergencies like paying utility bills or replacing a broken furnace. All of the event proceeds benefit Macomb County residents.
The event is an indoor family fun walk at Macomb Mall. Everyone that registers by February 11, 2019, will receive an event t-shirt and finisher medal. After February 11, t-shirts are subject to availability.
People who participate in Walk for Warmth are volunteers, stakeholders, elected officials, individual donors, corporate funders, event sponsors, community partners, and community members, past and current clients, and vendors. People are invited to participate as individuals or by forming teams.
Thanks to those who helped us raise over $31,000 in 2018! This funding helped:
- 66 families
- 155 individuals
- Percentage of families at 100% poverty and below: 43%
- Percentage of single-parent families: 24%
- Percentage of those helped who are children: 35%
- Percentage of those helped who are elderly: 14%
- Percentage of those helped who are disabled: 16%
Click here to view the Clients Helped Flyer
2019 Event Sponsors