The Handy Helper Program provides assistance with household maintenance tasks.
- Replacing fuses, lightbulbs, electrical plugs and frayed cords
- Replacing door locks and window catches
- Replacing faucet washers or faucets
- Installing weather stripping around doors
- Repairing furniture
- Installing window shades and curtain rods
- Heavy-duty cleaning (limited to cleaning appliances, carpets, and rugs; washing walls and windows; and cleaning attics and basements to remove fire and health hazards)
- Leaf raking
- The person must be at least 60 years of age
- A Macomb County resident
Call the Office of Senior Services to request assistance.
Donations Welcome! Checks can be made out to “Office of Senior Services” and notate “Handy Helpers” on the memo line. Send checks to: 21885 Dunham Rd., Suite 6, Clinton Township, MI 48036.