Goldenberry adult day Caring center
On September 13, 2018, an official ribbon cutting ceremony took place to commemorate the new look and name of Macomb County's Adult Day Center, now called the GoldenBerry Adult Day Caring Center. To help improve the home-style environment that the center promotes, a renovation project took place between July and November 2017. These renovations provided changes such as shower area improvements, new bedroom furnishings, new appliances and much more. Funding for the renovations was made possible by the Area Agency on Aging 1-B and the Macomb County government.
The Adult Day Caring Center opened its doors to clients in 1984. The center provides programs of both social and medical models geared at allowing those with physical and cognitive disabilities to remain in a comfortable environment during the day.
Oversight and staffing of the program are managed through Martha T. Berry Medical Care Facility.
- Specializing in helping individuals that have been diagnosed with the following:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Personalized service with 1:3 staff to participant ratio
- Flexible attendance options available Monday-Friday
- Lift-equipped wheelchair transportation is available to those within a 10-mile radius of the center
- Activities focus on cognitive and sensory stimulation, exercise and recreation
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Incontinence care provided
- Personal care (bathing) is also available on site
The Adult Day Caring Center is a cost-effective alternative to other forms of health care, such as home health and home nursing care. Funding assistance may be available through Area Agency on Aging 1-B or Veteran Affairs for those who qualify.
- A Macomb County resident.
- Cannot safely be left home alone.
- Can no longer structure his or her own daily activities.
- Is experiencing social isolation, depression, memory loss or chronic illness.
Come and experience the difference. Schedule a tour of the facility and a FREE 4-hour stay for your loved one.
For more information on the Adult Day Caring Center contact:
Macomb Community Action
21885 Dunham Road, Entrance B
Clinton Township, MI 48036
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
When emailing questions regarding services, please include your name, phone number or other contact information, and city of residence. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.
Deaf, deaf or hard of hearing:
Please call TTY at 586-469-5962