Show Me the Money Day
Register here: https://smtmdmacomb.eventbrite.com/
What is the event?
Show Me the Money Day is a free annual statewide event to promote access to free and low-cost financial resources, products, services, and financial education classes.
This event is geared toward moderate-low income households to empower, and educate them on how to improve their financial situations. This will be accomplished by providing various breakout sessions that will educate the consumer on how to best manage their finances.
Why Should I Attend?
This virtual experience will give you the information you need to get started, keep building, or lay a new foundation for your financial future. This experience will give you the opportunity to interact with banking institutions and Macomb County based community resources to help you make the necessary moves toward your goals.
Take some time to chat with our presenters, ask about new banking opportunities, and take a look at what vendors have to offer in terms of education and services. This can also be a great opportunity to simply network with like-minded people looking to change their financial futures.
All events are FREE to the public. For more information, locations and a list of all statewide and local sponsors, visit ShowMeTheMoneyDay.org
Tuesday August 11, 2020
- 6:00pm - 6:15pm Open chat with facilitator and first presenter
- 6:15pm - 6:45pm Break out session: Managing Debt – TBD
- 6:45pm - 7:00pm Break/ Questions to the presenter
- 7:00pm - 7:30pm Break out session: Energy Savings – DTE
- 7:30pm - 7:45pm Break/Questions
- 7:45pm- 8:15pm Break out session: Landlord tenant – Lakeshore Legal Aid
- 8:15pm – 8:30pm Questions final remarks
Wednesday August 12, 2020
- 4:30pm -4:45pm Open chat with facilitator and presenter
- 4:45pm – 5:15pm Break out Session: Navigating the system - Social Security Administration
- 5:15pm – 5:30pm Questions to presenter
- 5:30pm -5:45pm Break/Open chat with PNC
- 5:45pm - 6:15pm Break out session: Identity Theft –PNC
- 6:15pm – 6:30pm Break/Questions for presenter
- 6:30pm – 7:00pm Break out session: Dollars and Sense - First State Bank
- 7:00pm – 7:15pm Questions to the presenter/final remarks
Thursday August 13, 2020
- 6:00pm - 6:15pm Open chat with facilitator and first presenter
- 6:15pm - 6:45pm Break out session: Credit Scores - Free Star Financial
- 6:45pm - 7:00pm Break /Questions to the presenter
- 7:00pm - 7:30pm Break out session: Car Buying and Leasing - Veteran Services
- 7:30pm - 7:45pm Break/ Questions to the presenter
- 7:45pm - 8:15pm Breakout Session: Homebuyer Education Michigan State University Extension
- 8:15pm - 8:30pm Questions to the presenter/final remarks for the day
Friday August 14, 2020
- 11:45am – 12:00pm open chat/Prep
- 12:00pm - 12:30pm Lunch Demo –MSU E Food program
- 12:30pm - 12:45pm Break/Questions to the presenter
- 12:45pm – 1:15pm Breakout session: Raising Money Smart Kids- MSUE Kids
- 1:15pm- 1:30pm Break/Questions to presenter
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm DIY Demo - MSU E
- 2:00pm – 2:15pm Questions to the presenter
- 2:15pm - 2:45pm Turn in survey
- 3:00pm – 3:45pm Raffle drawings
RAFFLE AND PRIZE INFORMATION
How to play
At the end of each session you will have an opportunity to fill out a survey regarding that session. Each session survey you fill out and turn in will give you an entry into the raffle.
There is an opportunity to be entered a maximum of 12 times for each drawing you don’t win.
If you win once your name will be taken out of the remaining drawings.
After each breakout session, you will have an opportunity to send your completed surveys in via a web link.
Raffles conducted by the Macomb Food Program, Raffle License #: X03079.
Drawing & Prizes (All drawings are on Friday)
3:00pm drawing prize $100 gift card
3:15pm drawing prize year supply of homemade laundry detergent (from demo)
3:30pm drawing and prize $100 gift card
3:45pm drawing prize $100 gift card
KEY NOTE SPEAKERS
Paul Gieleghem, Treasurer, Clinton Township – Message from Paul Gieleghem:
Edward Scott, District Director, MSU Extension – Macomb County
State Representative Lori M. Stone, 28th House District
Michigan State University Extension – Macomb County
- Michigan State University Extension Youth Money Management resources
- Educational resources for youth on investing
- Educational resources for youth on credit
- Educational resources broken down by age
- For questions or additional information please contact: 4-Hcareerprep@anr.msu.edu
- Meet the PNC Bank representatives: Anne Harpe, Vice President & Community Consultant and Bryan Kieler, Senior Vice President & Community Development Banking Market Manager
- Message from Free Star Financial:
- Message from Community Choice Credit Union:
VETERANS ONLY RESOURCES
For more information on Veteran Services please go to https://vets.macombgov.org/Vets-Home or call (586)469-5315.
COMMUNITY RESOURCE LINKS
Clinton Macomb Public Library
- For additional questions please call 586-226-5000 or email email@example.com
Detroit Institute of Arts
- Visit the links in the video or email Ian Rapnicki at for more information
- Meet Denise Allard: I am a Program Manager in the Energy Waste Reduction group at DTE Energy where I have worked for 23 years. I help DTE customers save energy so they can save money. I manage the FREE Home Energy Consultation program. DTE will come to your home and perform a basic walkthrough to show you where to save energy in every room. The Energy Specialists may also install free energy saving products such as LED light bulbs or a programmable thermostat (products depend on the fuel the customer receives from DTE, gas, electric or both).
- To schedule your free appointment visit dteenergy.com/hec (add link to: )
EBT DOUBLE BUCKS link
- Click to explore resources through your MI bridges account, or register today to find resources in your area!
- Check out the shops in your area!
- Explore Gleaners emergency assistance for food drop off sites and pantry locations.
- also offers many resources to receive food for your family.
FREE Wi-Fi map link
Legal Assistance” after Housing Assistance
- Visit Lakeshore Legal Aid or call 888-783-8190 for more information
Macomb County Activities resource” after “Legal Assistance”
- Are you struggling to provide enough activity for your kids while they are stuck at home? MICommonwealth.com is an online bulletin board of free or low-cost activities for the whole family! Many are virtual!
United Way for Southeastern Michigan and 211 – Find Resources” after “Macomb County Activities resource”
- Need help finding resources in your area? Call 211 or search online
- For more information, visit United Way for Southeastern Michigan
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs
Event registration here: https://smtmdmacomb.eventbrite.com/
Contact Cassandra Patrick at 586.469.5374 or
Cassandra.Patrick@macombgov.org for more information.
Show Me the Money Day offers sponsors excellent benefits such as branding, social media exposure, and access to the community.
Should you wish to sponsor this exciting event in the future, please contact Mary Frontiero at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss details and options for our 2021 event.
2020 EVENT SPONSORS
A special Thank you to our sponsors whose commitments were generous enough to allow us to put on this event even after the delay of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are so grateful to all those who contributed funds toward this special event.
Statewide Sponsor 2020
Lake Trust Credit Union
Free Star Financial
Michigan State University Extension
Show Me the Money Day offers sponsors excellent benefits such as branding, social media exposure, and access to the community. Should you wish to sponsor this exciting event, please contact us by Monday, January 10, 2020, to discuss details and options.
Click on the link below to view the event sponsor deck: