Volunteer for Meals on wheels
To Volunteer for the Emergency Delivery on December 7 call (586) 469-5228 or click here
Many people know Meals on Wheels as a food delivery service for the home-bound. However, what they don't know is how impactful the moments of contact between the volunteer and the recipient can be. For many seniors, the volunteer who drops off their meal is the only person they will see that day. The delivery isn't just about nourishment, it's about a valuable moment of human connection. And in turn, it's those moments of human connection that make volunteering so rewarding.
Use our online form to volunteer.
At this time, volunteers are especially needed in Eastpointe and these areas: Clinton Township, New Haven, Richmond, Romeo, Sterling Heights, Utica and Warren.
Those interested in volunteering can call the Macomb Community Action Office of Senior Services at 586-469-5228 or sign up using the online form.
- Attend a new volunteer orientation.
- Deliver meals two times per month.
- Routes take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
- Routes are driven Monday through Friday at lunchtime (generally delivered between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.).
- Routes can be located close to a volunteer's home or work.
- Holiday meals are delivered on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Emergency Preparedness Packs are delivered twice a year on Saturdays.
- Have their own vehicle.
- Have a valid driver's license and carry automobile insurance.
Mileage reimbursement is offered.
How do I sign up?
Sign up using the online form OR call 586-469-5228 to volunteer.
For more information contact:
Office of Senior Services
Macomb Community Action
21885 Dunham Road, Suite 6
Clinton Township, MI 48036
When emailing questions regarding services, please include your name, phone number or other contact information, and city of residence. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.
Deaf, deaf or hard of hearing:
Please call TTY at 586-469-5962