The Handy Helper Program provides assistance with household maintenance tasks.
- Replacing light bulbs
- Replacing door locks and window catches
- Replacing faucet washers or faucets
- Installing weather stripping around doors
- Repairing furniture
- Installing window shades and curtain rods
- Heavy-duty cleaning, limited to:
- cleaning appliances
- cleaning carpets and rugs
- washing walls
- cleaning interior windows (that do not require a ladder to reach)
- Pest control - general (does not include bed bugs)
- Pest control - rodent (rats and mice)
- The person must be at least 60 years of age
- A Macomb County resident
Call the Office of Senior Services to request assistance.
Donations Welcome! Checks can be made out to “Office of Senior Services” and notate “Handy Helpers” on the memo line. Send checks to: 21885 Dunham Rd., Suite 6, Clinton Township, MI 48036.