Macomb Community Action's Chore Services assists senior citizens or adults with disabilities with grass cutting and snow removal. The program is available to persons age 60 and older who are residents of targeted areas in Macomb County that meet eligibility guidelines.
- The program year runs July 1st through June 30th
- Lawns are cut either weekly or bi-weekly depending upon weather conditions. Frequency of cuts is at the discretion of Macomb Community Action and available funding.
- Snow removal is performed after a snowfall of two or more inches.
- Snow removal begins after the snowfall has stopped. Contractors have 48 hours to complete the snow removal.
- Macomb County resident.
- Age 60 and older, limited funding is available to service severely disabled individuals.
- Individuals must apply each year during open enrollment (typically April - May).
- Spots are limited. Applications are scored - priority points determine placement into the program.
A contribution is suggested for each service provided. All donations go directly back into the program to assist other seniors.
Snow Removal Guidelines
Grass Cutting Guidelines
For more information on Chore Services contact:
Macomb Community Action
21885 Dunham Road, Suite 6
Clinton Township, MI 48036
Email: Steve Schuster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When emailing questions regarding services, please include your name, phone number or other contact information, and city of residence. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.
Deaf, deaf or hard of hearing:
Please call TTY at 586-469-5962