weatherization assistance program
Macomb Community Action's Weatherization Assistance Program performs the installation of energy efficient items to conserve energy in Macomb County homes. Weatherization improvements reduce energy use and can save an average of 30 percent on heat/utility bills. A home energy audit determines which items will be installed.
Energy saving services may include:
- Wall insulation
- Attic insulation and ventilation
- Floor/foundation insulation
- Air leakage reduction
- Furnace repair or replacement
- Other energy saving measures
Macomb County families and individuals who are interested in having their home weatherized must meet eligibility guidelines:
- Services are free to those who qualify.
- Must meet current Federal Income Guidelines. Income includes gross income of everyone residing in the home at the time of application.
- Recipients of FIP or SSI who have received benefits during any of the past twelve months are automatically income eligible.
- Applicants must be residents of Macomb County
- If you do not live in Macomb County, please contact Michigan Community Action or call 1-855-MI-ACTION to find your local Weatherization Assistance Program.
- Weatherization crews cannot work on any home that is for sale.
How to Apply
You must call (586) 469-6329 to apply for service.
All Applicants Must Provide:
- Proof of home ownership/landlord's information
- Income documentation for all residents
- Current gas bill
- Current electric bill
Landlords may participate in the program by having their single or multi-unit rental properties weatherized. A cost-sharing fee is required from landlords to help cover the cost of materials and labor.
For more information about our Weatherization Assistance Program:
Macomb Community Action
21885 Dunham Road, Suite 10
Clinton Township, MI 48036
Email: Steve Schuster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When emailing questions regarding services, please include your full name, phone number or other contact information, and city of residence. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.
Deaf, deaf or hard of hearing:
Please call TTY at 586-469-5962