Housing Rehabilitation Program Eligibility
The program provides assistance for low-to-moderate income households that do not exceed income levels annually determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Please contact the Community Services office for current income limits at 586-466-6256.
In addition to income level, you must also meet each of the following requirements;
- Own and occupy a Single-Family Home (not a duplex, flat, apartment, rental home, property under land contract or manufactured home)
- Must be the owner-occupant of the dwelling unit, and used it as your primary residence for the past continuous one (1) year period
- Live in one of the 21 communities as provided in the shaded map
- Have current homeowners insurance and not be in a floodplain
- Not be delinquent in property tax payments
- Be current on all mortgage payments
- Not be in foreclosure or bankruptcy
To learn more about how the program works click here.
*Macomb County administers the Housing Repair Assistance program in every Macomb County community except for Clinton Township, St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights, Roseville, and Warren. These communities administer their own programs. Please contact these municipalities directly for information about their programs.