Head Start 0-5
"The Head Start APPROACH to school readiness means that children are ready for school, families are ready to support their children's learning, and schools are ready for children."
Macomb Community Action Head Start 0-5 partners with each child's family to promote high-quality school readiness at no cost.
Included in this approach is:
- Services for pregnant women
- Parent engagement and family goal setting
- Parent curriculum
- Oral health and physical wellness for Head Start 0-5 participants
- Mental health and disability
- Nutrition education
- Research-based curriculum
- Early literacy
- Individualized child education
- Services for dual-language learners
- Safety Education
- Income must be at or below 100% Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Expectant mothers or families with children under the age of four
- Families can contact our office for more information
Early Head Start 0-3
Early Head Start provides year-round services for pregnant women, infants and toddlers. Up to age three and their families.
- Child care center classrooms
- Family child care home providers
- Home visiting model
Head Start 3-5 Preschool
Head Start Preschool provides services to three and four-year-old children and their families.
- Classrooms are located throughout Macomb County school districts, churches and the Macomb County Family Resource Center
- Flexible attendance options available
Parents' Policy Council Meeting Minutes
Head Start Reports
For more information on Head Start contact:
Macomb Community Action
21885 Dunham Road, Suite 10
Clinton Township, MI 48036
When emailing questions regarding services, please include your name, phone number or other contact information, and city of residence. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.
Deaf, deaf or hard of hearing:
Please call TTY at 586-469-5962