WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN AMERICORPS?
to reduce the effects of poverty in your community. By becoming an AmeriCorps member, your full-time service at a local community economic development organization will improve the capacity of programs and services.
your skillset and network directly within Michigan's engaging nonprofit sector. CEDAM and AmeriCorps offer extensive professional development opportunities and access to a national network of service professionals.
Do you want to get things done for your community?
CEDAM’s AmeriCorps State Program and Macomb Community Action are pleased to announce a full-time position for a 12-month membership beginning in September 2019! The CEDAM AmeriCorps member will serve with Macomb Community Action to provide access to valuable financial education services to residents of Macomb County. This is an excellent resume builder and provides the opportunity to further the mission of economic equality. The member will provide access to valuable community programs, education, and financial resources, all while gaining considerable professional experience.
AmeriCorps membership offers a number of benefits and the prestige of having served with this nationally acclaimed program. Many AmeriCorps members have been recruited by the very organizations where they have served and countless others have gone on to hold public office and have taken on high-level leadership roles in both the public and private sector.
- The member will assess, plan, implement and evaluate the financial stability work in Macomb Community Action and increase its visibility and effectiveness within the agency
- Increase the awareness of financial education opportunities for Macomb Community Action’s staff and work with them to raise awareness of the benefits of financial empowerment activities.
- Coordinate financial education for a variety of audiences within Macomb Community Action.
Marketing and Outreach
- Marketing and Outreach for Macomb Community Action’s “Show Me the Money Day” (SMTMD)
- Identify, collaborate with community partners to plan, coordinate and market the “Show Me The Money Day” event in Macomb County
- Participate in community meetings and events and promote services
- Conduct outreach to program participants and other community members who may benefit from educational workshops
- Facilitate the coordination of the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program with financial stability enhancements
- Coordinate financial education and empowerment workshops offered during tax preparation season
- Promote and assist MCA clients with MI Bridges Navigation
Member Service Requirements
- Members must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Members must be 18 years old or 17 with parental permission.
- Members must have either a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Member must possess a valid driver’s license, and have and agree to maintain motor vehicle liability insurance that meets organization minimum requirements throughout their entire service commitment.
- Members must pass a criminal history and registered sex offender background checks.
- Members must serve 1,700 hours during the 12-month service term.
- Members must participate in and travel to all necessary AmeriCorps related activities and training.
- Members must fulfill program-related requirements, which include but are not limited to: submitting direct service reports and quarterly service highlights and completing semi-monthly timesheets.
- Members will receive a $13,992 living allowance stipend from the Corporation for National and Community Service for their service activities. The living stipend will be paid by CEDAM in semi-monthly installments.
- Members are eligible for health insurance (member only-family members are not eligible) and childcare assistance.
- Upon successful completion of the 12-month service term, members will receive a $6,095 educational award that can be used toward student loan payments or toward higher education.
- Full-time members also qualify for student loan forbearance during their service and may be eligible to have the interest paid after service.
Please send resumes and questions to email@example.com “FE AmeriCorps” as the subject line.