Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels is designed for senior citizens unable to prepare meals for themselves due to physical or mental impairments related to age and medical condition. Through the program, a volunteer delivers a meal directly to the homebound senior citizen's door. Meals are planned to meet one-third of the current recommended dietary allowances. Meals are prepared fresh at local kitchens and are packaged and delivered hot the same day they are made.
- The person must be at least 60 years of age or older, or be the spouse of a person at least 60 years of age.
- The individual must be homebound.
- The person must be unable to attend a Dining Senior Style site because of physical or emotional disabilities.
- The individual must be physically or emotionally unable to obtain food or prepare full meals.
- Eligibility for this program is not based on income.
- Please call the Office of Senior Services at 586-469-5228 if you are interested in applying for this program.
- If a senior citizen is not eligible for Meals on Wheels, he or she can have a hot lunchtime meal at a Dining Senior Style site. These sites serve meals at various locations in Macomb County. A list is available here.
A $3.00 cost sharing contribution is suggested for each meal. All donations go directly back into the program to help provide meals.
Volunteers are vital to the Meals on Wheels program. Please visit the Meals on Wheels volunteer information page.
Meals on Wheels Menu
The Meals on Wheels program is closed and there is no regular meal delivery on the following holidays:
October 10, 2016
November 8, 2016
November 11, 2016
November 22, 2016
November 24 & 25, 2016
December 23 & 26, 2016
New Year’s Holiday:
December 30, 2016 & January 2, 2017
Martin L. King Jr. Day:
January 16, 2017
February 20, 2017
April 14 & 17, 2017
May 29, 2017
July 4, 2017
September 4, 2017
Donate to Meals on Wheels
MCA's Meals on Wheels program accepts monetary donations. For more information, visit the Meals on Wheels donation page.
Meals on Wheels is administered by MCA's Office of Senior Services.
For more information contact:
21885 Dunham Road, Suite 6
Clinton Township, MI 48036
When emailing questions regarding services, please include your name, phone number or other contact information, and city of residence. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.