MCA's Senior Citizen Chore Service assists senior citizens with home maintenance and minor repairs. The program is available to persons age 60 and older who are residents of targeted areas in Macomb County and meet eligibility guidelines.
Call 586-469-5228 for more information or to request grass cutting, snow removal or odd job services.
Call 586-469-5228 for more information or to request grass cutting service.
- Those interested in grass cutting must make a new request every year beginning January 1.
- Each year, a new grass cutting list is created for seniors based on social and economic need.
- Notification will be mailed in April to those who have been placed on the grass cutting list.
- Grass cutting begins mid-April and continues into October. Lawns will be cut approximately once weekly April to July and every other week August to October.
Call 586-469-5228 for more information or to request snow removal service.
- Those interested in snow removal must make a new request every year.
- Each year, a new snow removal list is created for seniors based on social and economic need.
- Notification will be mailed in November to those who have been placed on the snow list.
- Snow removal is performed after a snowfall of two or more inches. Under normal conditions, snow is cleared within one to two days after snowfall has stopped.
Call 586-469-5228 for more information or to request odd job service. Persons receiving Chore Service may be required to purchase materials. Labor costs are included in suggested cost sharing.
Typical odd jobs include:
- minor plumbing
- change storms and screens
- minor electrical
- install window plastic
- change furnace filters
- clean gutters
- replace locks
- install smoke alarms
Use the following sliding scale to determine your suggested cost for service per visit.
Seniors requesting Chore Service are expected to share in the cost of providing the service. For each service performed, the senior should make an appropriate contribution. No one will be excluded from receiving services if their income does not permit them to contribute at the recommended level.
The following sliding scale determines your suggested cost share for service per unit.
Gross Annual Income:
Cost Share Per Unit:
$6,001 - $8,550
$8,551 - $13,000
$13,001 - $16,000
$16,001 - $20,000
$20,001 - $25,000
$25,000 and over
For more information contact:
Chore Services/Home Injury Control
21885 Dunham Road
VerKuilen Building, Suite #6
Clinton Township, MI 48036
When emailing questions regarding services, please include your name, phone number or other contact information, and city of residence. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.