Home Preservation and Energy
MCA's Home Preservation / Energy Program performs the installation of energy efficient measures to conserve energy in Macomb County homes.
Weatherization improvements reduce energy use and save an average of 30 percent on heat/utility bills.
A home energy audit determines which measures will be installed.
Energy saving services may include:
- wall insulation
- attic insulation and ventilation
- floor/foundation insulation
- air leakage reduction
- furnace repair or replacement
- other energy saving measures
Macomb County families and individuals who are interested in having their home weatherized must meet eligibility guidelines.
- Services are free to those who qualify.
- Must meet current Federal Income Guidelines. Income includes gross income of everyone residing in the home at the time of application.
- Recipients of FIP, SSI or SDA who have received benefits during any of the past twelve months are automatically income eligible.
- Applicants must be residents of Macomb County
- If you are not from Macomb County, please visit mcaaa.org or call 1-855-MI-ACTION to find your local Weatherization program.
All applicants must provide:
- Proof of Home Ownership/Landloard's Information
- Income Documentation for all residents
- Current Gas Bill
- Current Electric Bill
For more information about MCA's Home Preservation/Energy Group contact:
Macomb Community Action Home Preservation/Energy (Weatherization)
VerKuilen Building, Suite #10
21885 Dunham Road
Clinton Township, MI 48036
When emailing questions regarding services, please include your full name, phone number or other contact information, and city of residence. This helps us to serve you more efficiently.